Click Click =)

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday

Sundays are for family...

The day i got my job offer was the day my grandma was admitted to the hospital because of an accident which was uncalled for...
All she did was crossed the road and a car came and knocked her...
All we thought was she had her right knee dislocated and 4 fracture ribs...

We didnt know she will go through so much in this age...
stroke.. almost heart atach.. urine disinfection..

But today I'm happy...
After 2 months.. so many weeks...
I saw her left leg moving.. with her own effort..
Yeah...

My grandma is a strong lady..
Pain also say no pain...
Unless she cant take the pain, then she say pain.. that 1 also unlike us, we will shout "PAIN"...
But she says it slowly....

Earlier she asked me to massage her...
Arrrggghh.. just imagine the oil...
It reminded me of my Indian grandma.. She loves puting VICKS.. which i hate...
But still i'll do it.. because I'm an asthma granddaughter and when i sleep at nite (when she comes over to my place to overnight) she will rub the vicks all over my chest...eeewwwww I hate it.. but she always shuts me by saying "it will help you to sleep better"... So i have to shut up and let her do it.. with my whole body feeling sticky....

I love her.. Till today, i still miss her....
Her birthday is on 1st April.. But with no Patty around...

Coming back to my Chinese Grandma.. My popo....
She wanted me to massage her legs and then she said hand and then her shoulder.. I asked her, "where else you want me to massage??"... she said " If you ask, then i'll have to ask you to massage my whole body".... Ahhhhh... "cha dou".... hehe....

I know she doesnt want to burden us with her condition..
But we told her that.. "as much as you did not think of us as a burden when we were small.. you are never a burden to us"...
There.. she understood our intention....
we are never giving up on her.....
And she is never giving up on herself...

Great....
I'm happy that she's feeling better..
getting better...

taking care of an adult is not easy...
She can now control her urine and bowel...
At least she tells us when she want to go to the toilet....

I may seem big in size.. but i definetly dont have the strenght....
I tried carrying grandma once and i decided to stop unless there is no choice and i have to do it..
Because she is still heavy despite being thin....

I'm happy we have SITI.. (the akak we hired to take care of popo)..
And I know she is happy takign care of popo...monday to firday is her shift...
Saturday and Sunday is our shift....
She loves popo and popo loves her...

Grandma, get well soon....
We all love you....!!!!

No comments:

Click Click =)